Welcome to Amsterdam
Amsterdam is one of Europe's most iconic capitals. With over 180 different nationalities it is a very tolerant, creative, free-spirited and multicultural city. 90% of Amsterdam residents speak English and the average resident speaks two or more languages. Amsterdam has everything international conferences are looking for: great infrastructure, history, culture and multilingual population. It combines the friendliness and accessibility of a historic village with the world-class facilities and cultural attractions of a modern metropolis.
Amsterdam is a city of endless options for meetings, conferences and business events.
- One of the 4 biggest European hub airports: Schiphol Airport;
- 323 direct flights;
- Accessible within 2 hours from most European cities;
- Less than 15 minutes travel time between the airport and the city centre;
- Well connected to the international high-speed train network to UK, Belgium, France and Germany;
- No strict visa requirements;
- Excellent public transport network within Amsterdam.
- Amsterdam is according to ICCA (International Congress and Convention Association) one of the most important and successful cities in the world;
- Amsterdam has an impressive trackrecord of congresses;
- Amsterdam scores an 8.2 as a business destination.
Why Amsterdam for meetings?
Amsterdam is a city of endless options for meetings, conferences and business events. From major events that cater to tens of thousands of guests to precision-planned board meetings for just 10 people, Amsterdam has the perfect venue for every occasion, with top quality accommodation to match.
- A city where you can talk freely, think creatively and dream big;
- Over 40,000 hotel rooms available;
- Unrivalled accessibility by air, foot, car, public transport – and bike!
- Excellent network of services providers;
- Variety of venues to suit all sizes & styles;
- It’s a place everyone wants to visit.
Read more on the I Amsterdam website and watch the promo film below.