Symposium for 500 to 1300 persons
Beurs van Berlage is ideal for symposia between 500 and 1,300 persons. Each year, Beurs van Berlage hosts more than 20 mainly international symposia. We feel it is our ultimate speciality to host these groups.
Reasons for holding a symposium in Amsterdam:
- Reasons why national and international clients often opt for Beurs van Berlage for this group size include;
- Location - right in the heart of Amsterdam’s historic city centre;
- Accessibility - located across Amsterdam Central Station and around Dam square;
- Expertise - years of experience with hosting large symposia;
- Full service - you have a standard all-in package, any extras are taken care of by Beurs van Berlage;
- Excellent hotel service - the lowest prices and best conditions, guaranteed;
- Ample parking facilities within walking distance;
- Unique architecture - typical Amsterdam style, enhancing the Amsterdam experience.
The Effectenbeurszaal is generally used as a plenary hall for symposia for up to 800 persons. This is where the stock exchange took place between 1903 and 1913, while the Netherlands Philharmonic Orchestra also used this magnificent hall until 2012. The acoustics in this hall are therefore phenomenal.
The plenary hall includes:
- Theatre set-up;
- Basic audiovisual equipment: beamer, screen, stage, Internet connection for all guests, microphone, lectern;
- Basic lighting equipment with additional illumination of the stage;
- Personnel: events manager, hall manager, technical AV support, toilet staff, cloakroom staff.
Catering room, stands and posters
The Grote Zaal, which is where the commodity exchange used to be held, is the largest of its kind in the centre of Amsterdam. This magnificent hall full of unique details lets you relive our rich trade history.
The hall measures an impressive 1,570 m2 and is ideal for catering, given the fact that sponsor stands and posters can also be installed here if necessary. The meeting catering has been adjusted to international groups and the details will change on a daily basis.
Graanbeurszaal: 600 persons
This symposium halls has a capacity of 400 to 800 persons, depending on the set-up. A theatre set-up allows a maximum of 800.
Keurzaal : 130 persons
The Keurzaal adjoins the Effectenbeurszaal and Graanbeurszaal and offers phenomenal views of Amsterdam Central Station.
Veilingzaal : 200 persons
The Veilingzaal is a breakout room on the first floor, directly above the main entrance at Damrak
Berlage zaal : 200 persons:
The Berlage zaal is a unique and inspiring conference hall in original condition, with a large stained-glass window and tapestries.
Administratiezaal: 200 persons:
The Administratiezaal can be found on the first floor, in the centre of the building, over the Beursfoyer, and used to form part of the stock exchange.
Break out rooms : for 20 to 60 persons
Seven different-sized breakout rooms can be found along the gallery of the Grote Zaal. They were named after the various artists who designed the Beurs van Berlage.
For a customised quote for your conference, please contact our Sales and Account Managers. They all have a wealth of experience and knowledge in the area of national and international conferences and are able to provide you with all the advice you need. They are happy to tell you more about the costs of our conference venue and will help you decide which conference halls and rooms suit your conference best.
You can reach them by telephone between 9.00 and 17.00 hrs on +31(0)20 531 33 55, or you can send an e-mail using the form on this page or directly to email@example.com.