Since the opening in March, the My Name Is Prince exhibition has welcomed thousands of visitors at Beurs van Berlage in Amsterdam. Due to popular demand, host, Brand New Expo, announces it will remain in Amsterdam for another two months. Visitors will now be able to enter the world of one of the most creative and iconic musical artists of all time until August.
Beurs van Berlage in Amsterdam has thus far been the only place in continental Europe where My Name Is Prince can be seen. Since the opening on March 8, thousands of visitors flocked to marvel at the amazing pieces that are on display. The three-month running time proved too short though to accommodate all people who wanted to see the exhibition. In conjunction with Paisley Park it has been decided to prolong the exhibition for another two months, giving more fans the time to visit this one in a lifetime exhibition.
My Name Is Prince has already given thousands of fans the chance to get up close and personal with the music legend’s music and work. The exhibition showcases hundreds of never before seen artifacts direct from Prince’s famous Minnesota private estate Paisley Park, such as instruments, stage outfits, awards and handwritten song lyrics. Visitors get the chance to purchase regular tickets, as well as VIP Tours. The latter gives access to more exhibition rooms, a screening of exclusive live footage, freedom to take pictures in the VIP area and participate in a white glove experience. VIP Tours are hosted by carefully selected Dutch Prince experts and prove to be popular. About 20 percent of the tickets sold thus far have been VIP tickets. The VIP Tours will therefore be prolonged until 5 August as well.
Visitors returning home from the exhibition are enthusiastic. My Name Is Prince received a whopping 4.6 out of 5 stars in Facebook reviews.
- “This exhibit was definitely more than expected. So much information and so many amazing pieces of Prince memorabilia to see... We truly had a great time.”
- “Great exhibition! Had a different vibe to the exhibition in London, felt more laid back (…) Highly recommended for fans and non-fans. If you are in Amsterdam you must visit this exhibition!”
- “Overwhelming! We did the VIP Tour and that is worth every penny. Wonderful experience!”
- “Great experience 4 people who can't go to Paisley and 4 the Fams (Family) of Prince.”
- “Excellent! Loved the ambience. People singing and dancing while visiting the exhibition. A really fun time.”
MY NAME IS PRINCE
Until August 5th, 2018
Beurs van Berlage, Damrak 234, Amsterdam
Open daily from 10.00am to 06.00pm